Here is the plan for some of the room of the lake cottage.
Laundry/Entry Room – This is the entry room, but also houses the furnace, water heater, and our washer and dryer set. This room is small and pretty tight. It is hard to have a bag and not hit the wall as you walk through. Our family and friends will have bags, and other summer necessities, so we want to be careful with our wall treatments. Here’s our plan:
- Add a horizontal board and trim piece (stained to match) all around the perimeter of the room at about the 55 inch height
- Keep the wood on the lower section of wall
- Paint the upper section of wall – Benjamin Moore Imperial Gray
- New flooring – wood
- Base boards (stained to match)
- Paint the door – Benjamin Moore Hale Navy
- Remove the lace curtains and add privacy film to window of door
- Hooks on the opposite wall (for towels, coats, bags, etc)
- Art – Looking for some creative art for the walls
**This room needs some re-configuring, but it just isn’t in the budget. The washer and dryer are HUGE.
***The wall treatment in this room will be extended to the hall.
Bathroom – The bathroom is across the hall from the entry/laundry room. This room really needs to be gutted. But…who has the money for that? It has almond color bath fixtures (tub surround, toilet, and vanity top) and an old oak cabinet. Tearing out the shower surround is definitely not in the budget, so we will embrace the light creamish color that I absolutely
hate dislike. We will use paint to embrace the color. I’m using this picture as my inspiration:
Here’s the bathroom plan:
- Install a horizontal board and trim piece all around the perimeter of the bathroom at the same height as the laundry. This will not be stained.
- Install baseboards.
- Paint the lower section of wall – Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan
- Paint the upper section of the wall – Benjamin Moore Imperial Gray
- New vanity (found on consignment)
- New vanity sink/top (IKEA Rattviken) and faucet
- New shower curtain, rugs, and towels
- New medicine cabinet and lighting fixture
- New flooring – wood
- Hooks on the horizontal board for towels, swim suits, etc.
Well that’s it for now. We’ll put together our plans for the bedrooms, sleeping loft, living room, and kitchen. Whew!